We all used to love The OC. We fancied Ryan Atwood and adored Seth Cohen, we could never decide who was hotter between Marissa and Summer, we laughed uproariously at Julie Cooper's sarcastic barbs and Sandy Cohen's amiable wit. We secretly thought Kirsten was a bit of a MILF.
Not to mention how we drooled over the prime real estate, wished we lived near to the beach, and got extremely jealous whenever every good band ever played a gig at The Bait Shop.
Here are all the things we learned, thanks to Orange County, California, and Mr. Josh Schwartz.
Sign up to studentbeans.com for free brownies, popcorn and flapjacks - and that's just the start... 1. All the lyrics to this song
enter link description here 2. Go off the rails, steal a car --> end up living in amazing house
3. Awful chat up lines can work
4. If you love somebody, jump up on a counter and declare your feelings
5. Because it will probably be pretty obvious already
6. Never date someone you meet in therapy, it will only end badly
7. And never go into business with someone you met in rehab, either
8. It's normal to feel like this sometimes...
9. And this...
10. Never play with fire
11. Nature can be a bitch
12. State school is like prison. Only a bit worse
13. Take it easy in Tijuana
14. Gun control is A GOOD THING
enter link description here 15. People can change
16. Parents are really embarrassing
17. But also awesome
18. Step-parents are just odd
19. Siblings are annoying
20. Some people have REALLY white teeth
21. If you sail off into the sunset, your problems will still be there upon your return. Soz
22. Sex is awkward
23. How to come out to your parents...
enter link description here 24. ...and how to come out to your friends
enter link description here 25. If you're feeling a little angsty, TAKE UP CAGE FIGHTING
26. It's important to know what you want in a partner
27. Bad guys are always the hottest...
29. Except for this one, who is a douchebag
30. Quirky girls are cute
31. But flat caps are NEVER a good look
32. Kissing is the best
33. Social media is important
34. Going to see your favourite band is great
35. Multiculturalism is a beautiful thing
36. Hanging out in a department store overnight would be SO much fun
enter link description here 37. Uni will change you
38. And lastly, always wear a seatbelt